The home of school assemblies and class plays for children (KS1 and KS2) and guided reading play scripts for primary and secondary schools. Scroll down for topical suggestions or click on my plays
above for the full catalogue.
Happy Easter! Hope everybody is enjoying their well earned break!
As schools return tomorrow (crazy dates this year) many of you will be thinking of Summer Term – and may want to cast your eyes over such scripts as:
May 6th Space Day
Plays on Space – Science and Geography sections
The Planets – an alien’s voyage through our solar system.
Space Quiz based on all four above
May 8th VE Day
World War II Assembly and Guided Reading Scripts
May 12 Eurovision Song Contest
June 1st International Children’s Day
June 5 World Environmental Day
June 8 World Oceans Day
And of course those Leavers’ Assemblies for the end of term!
- Leavers Assembly for Year 6s
- School’s Out Leavers Assembly
- It’s Good to Be Me Assembly
- Our School’s Got Talent Leavers Assembly
April – National Pet Month
In a bid to get our school children to live more healthily I am writing a series of assemblies/class plays on such subjects as eating and exercise. See
What is special about my site
- My school assemblies and class plays scripts are written by a teacher for teachers at both primary and secondary level
- The service I offer is highly personalized – I deal with each customer as an individual – all enquiries answered within 24 hours
- A huge range of teaching material, for Key Stage One (KS1) and Two (KS2), allowing limitless cross-curricular links.
- We can provide ready to perform school assemblies on a vast range of topics
As I have acquired yet another ‘hat’ recently – that of a tour guide (along with Zumba instructor, TEFL teacher, writer, playwright and soon to be granny!) I have added another section to my website entitled City Tour Guides And Other Writings). This is really for the benefit of those attending one of my tours – I always rue not being able to remember half (that’s a generous estimate) of what I’ve been told/information given on guided tours. And I thought it would be good to be able to offer this ‘extra’ – as a memento of the experience.
My school assemblies scripts offer:
- A lively and entertaining way to deliver the school curriculum.
- A huge range of teaching material, for Key Stage One (KS1) and Two (KS2) and Three (KS3), allowing limitless cross-curricular links.
- The total involvement of all children and young actors in drama – presenting opportunities both for reading and acting out play scripts allowing further discussion.
- Participation in school drama increases the confidence of children in speaking out.
- Different viewpoints can easily be presented through school theatre and the coverage of sensitive issues can be dealt with in a non-threatening way.
- Role play opportunities in drama scripts bring characters alive.
For a quick summary of the range of my plays visit:
Category listings can be found under my plays in the Navigation bar above.
These plays can be used within the classroom as class plays; or as performance pieces i.e. in front of the school, as assemblies.
Lots of good positive advice to start us all off on the right foot for 2019!
- Assemblies and Class Plays – Based on a class of 30. Suitable for performing within the classroom or in front of the school. Ready to deliver, with suggested songs, props and production notes.
- Performance Poems – To read in groups in class, or as whole class performance.