Lectures from Sue Russell B.A. (History), P.G.C.E.
Lectures from Sue Russell B.A. (History), P.G.C.E.History-Based Lectures
- The Tudors incl. Henry VIII and all his wives! (I can do this as one or two lectures)
- Gunpowder Plot, Plague and Great Fire of London
- World War One – background and chronology, plus poetry and art
Christmas Traditions – including Xmas Lights in London (Oxford Circus to South Bank, via Leicester Square walk)
History of … series.
- Religions – Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism
- Democracy incl. Magna Carta plus past & present prime ministers
- Art – based around National Gallery collection (chronological series – Parts I, II and III)
- Winter Olympics 1924 to present day – breakdown of all the sports
- Thanksgiving in America – Myth and Reality
- The Salem Witch Trials
- Lanzarote – based on Easter 2014 trip
- Winchester in the Spring. This is the first in a series of lectures I will be giving on local places and their history.
- Majestic Majorca – based on August 2015 trip
- Paris – based on August 2015 trip, including history of French Revolution
- Seaside Towns – North and South: A Comparison
- Marwell Zoo
- Chessington Zoo – Gorillas and Tigers
- Hampshire Wildlife Park – Otters (New Forest)
- British Birds’ – ‘election to choose Britain’s national bird’
Gardens of Hampshire
- Exbury Gardens plus West Green House Gardens and The Vyne Gardens
- Sir Harold Hillier Gardens – various, including magnificent azaleas and special summer sculpture exhibition
- Houghton Lodge Gardens
- Longstock Park Nursery and Water Garden
- Trees – starting with trail at Hinton Ampner and proceeding to famous Westonbirt Arboretum, in Autumn, near Bath.
Gardens of Surrey
- Hampton Court Flower Show 2014
- Wisley Gardens (RHS)
Walks Around Hampshire
- From and around Lepe Country Park
- From and around Beaulieu
- Friendship Lecture
- Recent trips to British Museum – Aboriginal Art/History; and Ancient Greeks
- Kew Gardens – collection of ‘medicinal’ plants
- Herbal Medicine – based on husband’s book!
As with my play writing (see www.oldsite.plays-r-ussell.com ) for which I offer a write on request service, I am happy to do this with my lectures, so if there are any subjects you would like covered, do let me know.
My charge is £50 (plus petrol @ £5 per 10 miles, outside 10 mile radius of Winchester); or £40 on regular basis.
This is for a 1 hour lecture, including slides (usually well over a hundred per subject) and plenty of opportunity for chat/discussion before and after.
My contact details are: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will find this information on www.plays-r-ussell.com in the Lectures section where the synopses show the subject coverage. If in the meantime you would like to know more about any given subject, do contact me and I will send you the details.
Showing all 8 results
Hampshire Gardens I Exbury Gardens£0.00 Add to basket
Hampshire Gardens II National Trust£0.00 Add to basket
Hampton Court Flower Show 2014£0.00 Add to basket
Hilliers Gardens May/June 2014£0.00 Add to basket
Tudors I Henry VIII and his Six Wives Lecture£12.99 Add to basket
Tudors II Edward, Mary and Elizabeth lecture£12.99 Add to basket
Walks in and around Lepe Country Park and Beaulieu River£0.00 Add to basket
Wisley Gardens June 2014£0.00 Add to basket