Sleeping Beauty Assembly or Class Play for Key Stage One
Sleeping Beauty Assembly or Class Play for Key Stage One. The Narrator certainly has his or her work cut out directing this one – if only to keep the cast awake!
A cast of 20 speakers plus a supporting cast. Duration – around 10 minutes
Also available, Happy Halloween and alternative Sleeping Beauty script
Sleeping Beauty Assembly or Class Play Sample Text:
Whole Cast: (Together) Once upon a time
(Enter King and Queen, holding a baby)
King: There was a king
Queen: And a queen
Narrator: (Pauses) .. Yes?
Queen: (Holding up baby) Oh, and a baby!
Narrator: (Sighing) Yes, that baby was rather important to the plot.
(Enter Sleeping Beauty)
Sleeping Beauty: That’s me! Sleeping Beauty!
(Narrator ushers her off stage)
Narrator: (Testily) Yes, but not yet!
(Narrator wipes his/her brow)
Narrator: Oh dear! This really is proving most challenging!
(To Cast) Would you please remember to wait your turn!
(Narrator looks through script)
Now. Where was I? Ah yes. It was the christening of that sweet baby. (Pauses) Now, let’s take a look at this guest list.
(Enter six good fairies, each stepping forward and curtseying in turn)
Good Fairy: Six good fairies! (Pauses, stepping forward) That’s definitely me – always good!
Beautiful Fairy: (Holding up a mirror to admire herself) And me, the beautiful fairy!
Clever Fairy: (Reading a book) And me, the clever fairy!
Singing Fairy: (Singing – loudly and out of tune) And me, the singing fairy!
(Whole Cast and Narrator cover their ears)
Dance Fairy: (Twirling around) And me, the dancing fairy!
(Enter Wicked Fairy, pushing sixth fairy out of the way – whole cast boos and hisses)
Wicked Fairy: And me!
Also available from www.plays-r-ussell.com
Key Stage I (KSI)
- Fairy Tales Assembly (I will be adding individual Fairy Tale Assemblies as per Sleeping Beauty)
- Nursery Rhymes Assembly
- Emperor’s New Clothes (as part of The Clothes We Wear Assembly)
Key Stage II (KS2):
- Rumpelstiltskin – cast of 6 (cast of 4, for more ‘mature’ readers, also available upon request)
- Rapunzel – cast of 6
- Little Red Riding Hood – cast of 6
- Hansel and Gretel – cast of 6
- Cinderella – cast of 6
- Sleeping Beauty – cast of 6
- Happy Halloween
These ‘alternative’ scripts come with synopsis, teaching input, discussion points and suggestions for further activities – and offer a rather different version of events!
- Snow White and the 22 Dwarfs – as assembly/class play (cast of 30) and as pantomime (cast of 30 or 60)
- Sleeping Beauty (cast of 30) – the importance of saying thank you
- Cinderella (cast of 30) – understanding ourselves a little better – not taking things like jealousy out on others; recognising how we feel and doing something positive about.
These last two assemblies/class plays have a strong PSHE element i.e. delivering a message of how we can try to improve ourselves. This is also true of the ‘cast of 6’ scripts, particularly the Cinderella one which has a strong message re: feeling good about yourself (inside and out).
These and many more alternative scripts (including other fairy stories such as Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland, Classic Poems, Just So Stories and Shakespeare scripts) can be found in the Literature section.
There are no reviews yet.