Viking Assembly School Assembly or Class Play
Viking Assembly School Assembly or Class Play. Ever wondered about those men in long boats with silly horny helmets? Want to find out more about Ethelred, Egbert and Ethelwulf? (No relation of Engelbert Humperdink – ask your gran about him!). Ever wondered why a wwetsuitmight have been Number One on King Canute’s Christmas list? Read on to find out the answers!
(Also available for this unit, set of 5 guided reading play scripts, with quizzes – Introduction, Kings, Viking Family at Home, Valhalla – the Gods, and Explorers – see Guided Reading Section)
Viking Assembly School Assembly or Class Play. Sample Text
Fog on the Tyne – Lindisfarne
Scene 1 Lindisfarne. St. Cuthberts church.
Monk 1:What a gift of a morning! What say you, brother Marcus?
Monk 2 (Marcus): Oh indeed. Praise the Lord!
Monk 3: (peering into distance): Seems a bit foggy to me ..maybe I shouldn’t have had that second bottle of mead! (Clutching head) Strong stuff!
Monk 1: But what strange looking birds do I see on the horizon?
Monk 2: No, no. They’re boats. No doubt lost their way whilst puffin-spotting off the Farne Islands.
Er, they don’t look much like puffin-spotters to me … not all dressed up in that kind of fancy gear. And they don’t look mighty friendly.
Monk 1: Oh brother! You’re right. Let’s hope their manners don’t match their looks!
(Vikings rush onto stage)
The Boys are Back in Town – Thin Lizzy
3. Unit 6C Viking Assembly
- Where Vikings came from
- Lindisfarne pillage
- Ethelred the Unready
- Egbert, King of Wessex
- Ethelwulf, father of Alfred the Great
- Alfred the Great (Danelaw)
- Edmund Ironside
- System of law (The Thing)
- Trade/Reasons for Settling
- Valhalla (Gods)
- Poets and explorers, plus famous Viking rulers
- Celtic Music – Nine Points of Roguery, Live at Passim – The Boys of the Lough
- Fog on the Tyne – Lindisfarne
- Boys are Back in Town – Thin Lizzy
Our House – Madness
- 1 can’t stand up for falling down – Elvis Costello
- Neighbours Theme Tune
- Holiday – Madonna; or Summer Holiday – Cliff Richard
- Whatever You Want – Status Quo
- Riders of the Storm – DoorsFor performance rights, please select from the options below. Please note that these are in addition to the price of the play (11.99). For extra certificates (additional performances) and any queries re: performance rights please email me on [email protected]
Scroll down to purchase script and performing rights certificate
Please note: The script is available in word document format on the purchase of Performing Rights Certificate. The scripts remain free of performance rights for staging in the class room but as an assembly in front of a non-paying audience, you need to buy a single Performance Rights Certificate to cover you for the play you are purchasing.