The Nightingale and the Rose, Cast of 6–Readers Theatre/Guided Reading/Short Play with a synopsis, teaching input, discussion points and suggestions for further activities.
This script is one of a collection which includes:
- The Happy Prince: Cast of 6 – around 10 minutes reading time
- The Nightingale and the Rose: Cast of 6 – around 5 – 10 minutes reading time
- The Selfish Giant: Cast of 6 – around 5 minutes reading time
- The Devoted Friend: Cast of 6 – around 5 – 10 minutes reading time
The Remarkable Rocket, made up of 3 parts:
- Part I cast of 6, around 5 – 10 minutes reading time
- Part II cast of 6, around 10 – 15 minutes reading time
- Part III cast of 6, around 10 – 15 minutes reading time
The same 6 speakers may be used for all 3 parts, or 3 different sets of speakers used, taking cast size to a possible 21 (with the addition of ‘extras’/doubling up)
These scripts are all available separately off www.plays-r-ussell.com
Sample Text from The Nightingale and the Rose
Cast of 6
- Little Green Lizard
Duration: Around 5 – 10 minutes
Narrator: (Huffily) I really don’t think I have the heart for this one!
Student: You mean, this story about (reading) The Nightingale and the Rose?
Butterfly: What a waste!
Lizard: And all for a rose! Didn’t I say at the time
Butterfly: (Interrupting) You most certainly did! What a shame that most accomplished, beautiful bird didn’t speak to us first!
Daisy: Yeah! We’d have talked her out of it!
Student: (Impatiently) When you’ve all quite finished, talked her out of what?
Narrator: Oh, haven’t you heard?