Different Religions of the World
Different Religions of the World, a play exploring the rich diversity of religious belief around the globe covering the 6 major belief systems.
- Christian (representing Christianity)
- Jew (representing Judaism)
- Muslim (representing Islam)
- Hindu (representing Hinduism)
- Buddhist (representing Buddhism)
- Atheist (representing non-belief in any god)
Atheist: And isn’t that really what you all believe? That we should respect each other and take care of each other, to make the world a better place? The rest is unimportant.
Muslim: You mean the way we dress?
Hindu: The places we worship in?
Christian: How we worship?
Jew: And all those rituals we have?
Buddhist: That’s right! Does it really matter that we look different?
Hindu: That we pray in different places?
Christian: That we use different symbols in our worship?
Buddhist: Not at all! Surely we should celebrate our differences? Wouldn’t our world be a boring place if we were all the same?